30 December 2015

Week 7 Completed

24 September 2014


Week 7 Completed

We are getting so close!

But we're not moving in yet...

Week 7 is passed and a lot got done, but I was really excited for countertops and they didn't arrive this week.  That was disappointing, but we'll try again next week.  I think they'll be worth the wait.

During the weeknights, Carl and I finished painting all of the trim.  Our friend began installing them on Friday, and things are coming along.

As promised, I overcame my frustrations and got the pantry drawers installed!


On Saturday I installed the lazy susan in the corner cabinet


And then Carl helped me finish installing the last kitchen cabinet, the shelving unit on the side of the microwave cabinet.  And, he installed the microwave for me - the first appliance is installed!


*******************

Carl and Brad finished installing the laminate flooring in the living room on Saturday, which completed the flooring on the mainfloor!


And then they finished installing all of the ceiling lights in the bedrooms.

When I drove up one evening after putting the MiniMen to bed, Carl had all of the house lights on - just because they are all finally installed and working!  It looked amazing to see all of the bedroom lights.


*******************
This week the tile was completed in all of the rooms - and boy oh boy does it look good!
Here is the main bathroom...


(a double vanity is going to be installed in each bathroom opposite the tub areas)
Here is the ensuite...


(ignore the toilet in the shower!)

I'm really pleased with this tile - it coordinates so well with the wall colour and carpet in the master bedroom, and the 6"x24" tile in the shower is the perfect fit with the 12"x24" tile on the floor.

The front foyer tile is also done...


The tiles are the same make and pattern as the ensuite, just a different shade.  I'm really pleased with how things are coming together.  It's hard choosing things based on samples, but when it's finally in and everything flows well and coordinates, it's really encouraging.

The photography isn't great, but I'll work on that once the final "reveal" happens!

The finishing details are time-consuming, but we carry on...

Until next time!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment