30 December 2015

Window Treatments around the house

12 May 2015


Window Treatments around the house

One of my favourite hobbies is sewing...I can spend hours in a fabric store, especially the home decor section!

I sewed a number of window treatments in our last house, and was looking forward to a new house to sew more curtains for!

Now, the practical side of me had to pick up some cheap ready-made drapes for the necessary rooms in our house. Someday there will be time to sew drapes for every window, but it will be something I slowly plug away at. Today I'd like to showcase a few of the ones I've made so far.

You'll notice links along the way, which will open up a new page and take you to the tutorials I created. Just in case I've inspired you to create something for your own house!

I started with our ensuite bathroom, and tackled a Roman Blind for the first time. The fabric came from my local Fabricland here in Ottawa



After completing this blind, and tweaking the design along the way, it was much easier to re-create a second one in my kitchen


The fabric was actually a tablecloth that I bought at Target (so sad it's gone). It cost me $16.99, and was the only fabric that I could get that was 60" wide - perfect for my window size! And so affordable!


 Don't you love those tulips? They were so beautiful in my kitchen for a week!


Next I made a no-sew Cornice Box for the laundry room. You heard me right - no sewing! Such an easy project that anyone could do!



For the powder bathroom, I cheated a bit. I made this drape for our former house, and it's my absolute favourite fabric ever. I loved it so much it came with us! Here it is in our former house, paired with Benjamin Moore's Knoxville Grey on the walls


For our powder bathroom here, I paired it with Sherwin William's Sea Salt. Both are stunning in my opinion! The fabric isP.Kaufmann Garden Crewel in Sea Glass


That's all I've done so far, but I assure you, there are more treatments envisioned and in the works!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment